Last Updated on May 8, 2023 by Shari Mason
Yard House is a popular restaurant chain well-known for its flavorful and innovative dishes.
One of the most beloved menu items at Yard House is the Garlic Noodles, which are a savory and indulgent pasta dish that has become a favorite among patrons.
With a rich and creamy garlic sauce and perfectly cooked noodles, it’s no wonder why so many people crave this dish.
While it may seem like a closely guarded secret, you can recreate your kitchen’s Yard House Garlic Noodles recipe with simple ingredients and basic cooking techniques.
Recipe For Yard House Garlic Noodles
- 1 pound of spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Cook the spaghetti  noodles according to package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer for 5-7 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked spaghetti noodles to the saucepan and toss until the noodles are coated evenly with the garlic sauce.
- Optional: add cooked shrimp or chicken to the noodles for added protein.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
“Ramen is a dish that’s very high in calories and sodium. One way to make it slightly healthier is to leave the soup and just eat the noodles.”– Masaharu Morimoto, Chef
How To Store & Reheat The Leftovers?
- Storage: Let the leftovers cool to room temperature, then transfer them to an airtight container. Make sure to cover the container tightly to prevent air from entering. Store the container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheating: You can use a microwave or stovetop to reheat the leftovers. Here’s how to do it:
- Microwave: Place the leftovers in a microwave-safe dish and add a splash of milk or cream to prevent the noodles from drying out. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until heated through.
- Stovetop: Heat olive oil or butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the leftovers to the pan and constantly stir until heated through. You can also add a splash of milk or cream to prevent the noodles from drying out.
What Are Some Variations Of The Recipe?
- Add Protein: Add cooked shrimp , chicken, or tofu to the noodles for added protein. Cook the protein separately and add it to the noodles before tossing them in the garlic sauce.
- Add Vegetables: You can add vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, or bell peppers to the noodles for added nutrition and flavor. Sauté the vegetables in a separate pan and add them to the noodles before tossing them in the garlic sauce.
- Add Spice: Add a little extra kick to the dish. Add red pepper flakes, chili powder, or cayenne pepper to the garlic sauce. Start with a small amount and adjust to your taste.
- Use Different Noodles: While spaghetti noodles work well in this recipe, you can also use other noodles like linguine, fettuccine, or soba.
- Make It Vegan: To make the dish vegan, use vegan butter or olive oil instead of unsalted butter. Use coconut, cashew, or almond milk as a dairy-free alternative to heavy cream. Use nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan cheese instead of regular parmesan cheese.
- Add Herbs: To add some freshness and color, you can add chopped herbs like parsley, basil, or cilantro to the dish before serving.
Can you make the dish vegetarian or vegan?
Yes, you can make the Yard House Garlic Noodles dish vegetarian or vegan by making a few substitutions. Here are the substitutions you can make:
– Use vegan butter or olive oil instead of unsalted butter.
– Use coconut, cashew, or almond milk as a dairy-free alternative to heavy cream.
– Use nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan cheese instead of regular parmesan cheese.
– Skip any added protein or use a plant-based alternative like tofu or tempeh.
– Add vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, or spinach for added nutrition.
What culture is garlic noodles?
The origin of garlic noodles is unclear, but it is believed to have been popularized by Asian-American chefs in California, particularly in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Today, garlic noodles can be found on the menus of many restaurants, ranging from Italian to Asian fusion to American cuisine.
The Yard House Garlic Noodles recipe is a delicious and indulgent pasta dish that can be easily recreated at home.
With simple ingredients and basic cooking techniques, you can enjoy the rich and creamy garlic sauce and perfectly cooked noodles that have made this dish a favorite at Yard House.
Additionally, there are several variations of the recipe that you can try to suit your preferences or dietary needs. The possibilities are endless, whether you add protein, vegetables, or spices or make the dish vegan or vegetarian.
So the next time you’re craving comfort food or looking for a quick and easy dinner idea, try this recipe and savor the delicious flavors of Yard House Garlic Noodles in the comfort of your home.
- Are Chick-Fil-A Grilled Nuggets Healthy? Resolved (2023) - May 28, 2023
- Are Xxtra Hot Cheetos Discontinued? Answered (2023) - May 28, 2023
- Why Are Wheat Thins Banned In Other Countries? Resolved - May 28, 2023