Last Updated on February 16, 2024 by Shari Mason
Gordon Ramsay has established an illustrious name for himself by securing four esteemed Michelin stars, and by procuring the most supreme global rank amongst all British chefs.
One thing that he is well known for is his choice of knives. But what knives does Gordon Ramsay use? Let’s find out.
Top 4 Knives Gordon Ramsay Use
1. Heavy Duty Chopping Knife
This is the best kind of chef knife for chopping and slicing meat, vegetables, or anything else that requires delicate tasks. He uses this chef’s knife to chop chicken, fish, and other meats.
This knife also has a sharp edge on one side which allows the Hell’s Kitchen star to use it as a carving knife.
- How To Clean Knife After Cutting Raw Chicken?
- What Pan Does Chef Gordon Ramsay Use?
- What Is Gordon Ramsay’s Signature Dish?
2. Small Paring Knife
Gordon’s team uses a small paring knife when they are working on cutting small vegetables. He likes to use the small paring knife because it is easy to maneuver in between his fingers and hands.
3. Serrated Edge Knife
A few favorites of his is the serrated knife is a combination of two knives, the serrated bread knife, and the slicing knife. It can be used as a bread knife to slice bread easily or to cut other foods.
4. Boning Knife
The boning knife is a long, thin, typically about 8-10 inches long. It can be straight or curved and it is used for cutting meat away from the bone. The curved boning knife is also called a fillet knife.
3 Knife Brands the Hell’s Kitchen Star Recommends
1. Wüsthof Classic
The Wüsthof Classic line is one of the best-known chef’s knife brands in the world. These kitchen knives are made from high-carbon steel, which means they’re harder than most other knife brands. The Wüsthof Classic line includes everything from chef knives to boning knives, cleavers, shears, and more.
2. J.A. Henckels International Classic
The J.A. Henckels International Classic is one of the German knives that come in a variety of sizes and shapes.
Henckels blades are forged from one piece of steel, which means it won’t break or chip easily when cutting food like some other brands which are good for professional chefs.
3. MAC MTH-80 Professional Chef’s Knife
Chef Gordon Ramsay is a big fan of the MAC MTH-80 Professional Chef’s Knife. These kitchen knives are made from high-carbon stainless steel, which makes them strong and durable. It also has an ergonomic handle that makes it easier to use when handling food.
Does Gordon Ramsay Have A Knife Set?
Gordon Ramsay has his own line of knife set. In fact, Royal Doulton’s professional line of Gordon Ramsay knives was created in collaboration with the internationally known chef. They are one of the top knife manufacturers in the world.
“Cooking is about passion, so it may look slightly temperamental in a way that it’s too assertive to the naked eye.”– Gordon Ramsay, British Chef
His sets are high-quality sharp knives that you can use for your food. They provide perfect precision and strength with every mince and dice because they are made of premium stainless steel.
Gordon Ramsay’s Tips When Choosing a Knife
- Blade quality: A quality kitchen tool ought to be constructed of stainless steel with chromium added.
- Excellent sharpening: The best option is a glossy line that runs continuously from handle to tip.
- Convenient handle: Plastic is a superior material to use because it is tougher and more durable than wood.
- Blade surface: It should be smooth, uniform, and free of nicks, scratches, and rough edges.
- Mounted blade: The tool must travel the complete length of the handle, not just halfway or halfway and two-thirds.
- Convenience: A good knife should be light and comfortable in your hand.
- Edge of the blade’s sharpness: Pay close attention to the sharpening angle. On it, the cutting qualities will be dependent.
u003cstrongu003eWhat Japanese knife does Gordon Ramsay use?u003c/strongu003e
Gordon Ramsay uses a set of HexClad Japanese Damascus Knife Sets. These Japanese knives are made from high-carbon steel and have a black handle with an ergonomic design.
u003cstrongu003eIs Gordon Ramsay’s knives expensive?u003c/strongu003e
Ramsay’s knives are expensive. The line, which was designed by the celebrity chef, is made in Japan with high-carbon steel and genuine ebony wood handles.
u003cstrongu003eWhat Ramsay says matters most when it comes to knives?u003c/strongu003e
According to MasterClass, Gordon like the German-inspired brand Henckels knives. Ramsay goes on to explain that the right tool can make all the difference in your experience. This is true especially when it comes to dicing and mincing or cutting meat [u003ca href=u0022https://www.culinaryschools.org/famous-chefs/gordon-ramsay/#context/api/listingsu0022 target=u0022_blanku0022 rel=u0022noreferrer noopeneru0022u003e1u003c/au003e].
The creator behind Florentine Kitchen Knives confirmed to Forbes in December 2020 that Hell’s Kitchen star used Tomer Botner’s small collection . They are one of the knife manufacturers that has a flexible blade, lightweight blades, and quality products.
When it comes to cooking, the right knives and good knives are kitchen essentials. You can always use any knife like second-rate knives as long as they stay sharp or to your personal preference.
Make sure that it has a comfortable handle, is rust-resistant, and can be of everyday use just as Gordon Ramsay recommends.
- How to Heat Up Olive Garden Breadsticks: Ultimate Guide - February 20, 2024
- How to Tell if Shrimp Has Gone Bad in the Freezer: Top Tips - February 19, 2024
- How to Cancel Order on Chipotle App: Quick Guide (2024) - February 19, 2024