Last Updated on March 31, 2023 by Shari Mason
Taco Bell is known for its unique and delicious menu items, including its iconic red strips. If you’ve ever ordered a Taco Bell meal with red strips, you might wonder what they are and what gives them their distinctive flavor and texture.
We will delve into the details of Taco Bell’s red strips, discussing what they are made of, how they are prepared, and what menu items they can be found in.
What Are Those Red Strips At Taco Bell?
Taco Bell’s red strips are red-colored tortilla chips made from corn masa flour, spices, and tomato paste .
The masa flour is a traditional Mexican ingredient made from corn that has been treated with lime, and it provides the distinctive texture and flavor of the red strips.
The spices used in the seasoning blend include garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika, which contribute to the bold and zesty flavor of the strips.
Tomato paste is added to the mixture, providing a sweetness and acidity that balances out the other flavors.
How Are Taco Bell’s Red Strips Prepared?
Taco Bell’s red strips are prepared by mixing the masa flour, spices, and tomato paste to form a thick dough. The dough is then pressed into thin sheets and cut into small, rectangular strips.
“My favorite thing from Taco Bell is the Doritos Locos Tacos Supreme.”– Trippie Redd, American Rapper
These strips are then deep-fried until crispy and golden brown. The deep-frying process gives the red strips their signature crunch and adds a savory flavor that complements the seasoning blend.
Once the red strips are fried, they are seasoned with some other spice mix before being added to the menu items they accompany. The result is a delicious, crispy, and flavorful addition to any Taco Bell meal.
What Menu Items Can Red Strips Be Found In?
- Nachos BellGrande: A large platter of nacho chips topped with seasoned beef, nacho cheese sauce, refried beans, diced tomatoes, and a generous helping of red strips.
- Crunchwrap Supreme: A flour tortilla wrapped around seasoned beef, nacho cheese sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and a crispy tostada, with red strips adding a delicious crunch.
- Power Menu Bowl: A protein-packed bowl of seasoned beef, black beans, avocado ranch sauce, guacamole, sour cream, and red strips served with rice.
- Mexican Pizza: A fan-favorite menu item that features seasoned beef, refried beans, red sauce, a three-cheese blend, diced tomatoes, and red strips, all baked on a crispy tortilla crust.
- Quesadilla: A grilled flour tortilla stuffed with seasoned beef, a three-cheese blend, and creamy jalapeno sauce, with red strips adding a delicious crunch.
How Do Red Strips Add To The Flavor & Texture Of Taco Bell’s Menu Items?
Taco Bell’s red strips add a unique flavor and texture to its menu items. The strips have a crispy, crunchy texture that contrasts with the softness of other ingredients, adding an enjoyable crunch with every bite.
The seasoning blend in the red strips adds a bold and zesty flavor that complements the other ingredients, making the dish’s overall flavor more exciting and satisfying.
Red strips also add a pop of color to the dish, making it visually appealing. Overall, the red strips enhance Taco Bell’s menu items’ texture, flavor, and appearance, making them even more enjoyable.
Can You Make Red Strips At Home?
Yes, you can make red strips at home with a few simple ingredients and steps. You will need masa flour, tomato paste, spices, and water.
First, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the tomato paste and water to create a thick dough. Roll the dough into thin sheets and cut them into small, rectangular strips.
Fry the strips in vegetable oil  until they are crispy and golden brown. Once they are cooked, season the strips with additional spices and serve them alongside your favorite Taco Bell-inspired dish.
Are the red strips at Taco Bell vegetarian?
Yes, the red strips at Taco Bell are vegetarian. They are made from a blend of corn masa flour, spices, and tomato paste, all plant-based ingredients. Additionally, the strips are fried in vegetable oil, making them a vegetarian-friendly option.
Is the red sauce at Taco Bell enchilada sauce?
The red sauce at Taco Bell is not technically enchilada sauce. It is a proprietary sauce that Taco Bell has created specifically for its menu items.
The sauce is made from a blend of tomatoes, chili peppers, onions, and other spices, which gives it a bold and zesty flavor that complements the other ingredients in the dish.
Taco Bell’s red strips are a unique and delicious addition to its menu items. Made from a blend of corn masa flour, spices, and tomato paste, the strips are deep-fried until crispy and golden brown, adding a satisfying crunch to any dish.
They can be found in various popular menu items, such as nachos, quesadillas, and Mexican pizza. They can also be added as a topping to other items for an extra burst of flavor and texture.
- Are Chick-Fil-A Grilled Nuggets Healthy? Resolved (2023) - May 28, 2023
- Are Xxtra Hot Cheetos Discontinued? Answered (2023) - May 28, 2023
- Why Are Wheat Thins Banned In Other Countries? Resolved - May 28, 2023