Last Updated on February 17, 2024 by Shari Mason
I recently had the pleasure of giving the Outback Over The Top Brussel Sprouts recipe a try, and much to my surprise, I found it enjoyable. Despite usually steering clear of this particular type of vegetable, the dish ended up surpassing my initial expectations.
The crispy Brussels sprouts are coated in a savory mix of bacon, Parmesan cheese, and balsamic glaze, resulting in a perfect balance of flavors and textures.
I’ll share my experience making this recipe and offer some tips for getting it right.
Recipe For Outback Over-The-Top Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Cook the chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Add the halved Brussels sprouts in the same skillet with the bacon grease and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes until they are tender and browned.
- Mix the cooked bacon, Parmesan cheese, and balsamic glaze in a bowl.
- Add the bacon and Parmesan mixture to the skillet with the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Check out this simple recipe for making an Outback ranch here.
What Makes This Recipe So Delicious?
The Outback Over-The-Top Brussel Sprouts  recipe is a delicious and flavorful dish thanks to its unique combination of ingredients.
The crispy bacon adds a salty and smoky flavor, while the grated Parmesan cheese provides a nutty and rich taste.
The balsamic glaze  brings a touch of sweetness and tanginess to the dish, which complements the earthy flavor of the Brussels sprouts.
“I actually love fish and vegetables. I was raised on vegetables! Anything green – spinach, broccoli, brussels sprouts – I crave.”Eva Longoria, American Actress
All these ingredients combine to create a perfect balance of flavors that make this dish a crowd-pleaser.
The dish’s textures are also varied, with the crispy bacon and tender Brussels sprouts creating a satisfying mouthfeel.
Find out the taste of Brussels sprouts here.
Can This Recipe Be Adapted For Different Dietary Needs?
- Substitute bacon: To make the recipe vegetarian or pork-free, you can use turkey or vegan bacon instead of traditional bacon. Alternatively, you can omit the bacon altogether and use a little bit of olive oil to cook the Brussels sprouts instead.
- Use vegan cheese: To make the recipe vegan, use vegan Parmesan cheese or a similar vegan cheese alternative instead of regular Parmesan cheese.
- Replace balsamic glaze: If you prefer a different flavor profile, you can replace the balsamic glaze with a different type of glaze or sauce, such as honey mustard or maple syrup.
- Adjust seasoning: If you’re watching your sodium intake, you can reduce the amount of salt in the recipe or omit it altogether. You can also use a salt substitute or other seasonings to enhance the dish’s flavor.
“Outback’s Over The Top Brussels Sprouts: a tantalizing journey where humble veggies transcend expectations, drizzled with a symphony of flavors that will make your taste buds dance with delight.”Eat Pallet Restaurant & Food Advice
How Can You Serve This Dish?
- As a side dish: This recipe makes a great side dish for any meal, from roasted chicken to grilled steak. It’s a perfect accompaniment to any protein.
- As an appetizer: You can also serve this dish as an appetizer on its own or as part of a more extensive spread. Arrange the Brussels sprouts in a bowl or platter and let guests serve themselves.
- As a salad: If you want to make this dish even healthier, you can serve it as a salad. Toss the cooked Brussels sprouts with a bed of greens, such as spinach or arugula, and add some additional toppings, such as sliced almonds or cranberries.
- As a main course: For vegetarians or vegans, this dish can also be served as a main course. Increase the portion size and pair it with additional protein, such as tofu or tempeh.
- With additional toppings: For a little extra flavor, add some additional toppings to the dish, such as chopped walnuts, pomegranate seeds, or diced apples.
u003cstrongu003eWhy won’t my Brussels sprouts get crispy?u003c/strongu003e
Brussels sprouts may only get crispy if they have enough moisture, are overcrowded, cooked at a low temperature, or are not cooked long enough.u003cbru003eu003cbru003eBut u003ca href=u0022https://eatpallet.com/how-long-do-cooked-brussels-sprouts-last-in-the-fridge/u0022u003ehow long will cooked Brussels sprouts last in the fridgeu003c/au003e?
u003cstrongu003eDo you need to blanch Brussels sprouts before roasting?u003c/strongu003e
Blanching Brussels sprouts before roasting is unnecessary, but it can sometimes be beneficial. u003cbru003eu003cbru003eBlanching involves briefly boiling the Brussels sprouts in salted water before draining and roasting them. u003cbru003eu003cbru003eBlanching can help soften the Brussels sprouts slightly and remove some of their bitterness, making them more palatable for some people.
The Outback Over The Top Brussel Sprouts recipe is a delicious and unique way to enjoy this often underrated vegetable.
The combination of crispy bacon, savory Parmesan cheese, and sweet balsamic glaze creates a perfect balance of flavors and textures that will impress.
This recipe can easily be adapted to suit different dietary needs and can be served in many ways, from a side dish to a main course. While blanching Brussels sprouts before roasting is optional, it can sometimes be beneficial.
With its simple ingredients, easy preparation, and delicious flavors, this recipe is a must-try for anyone looking to add variety to their vegetable repertoire.
- How to Heat Up Olive Garden Breadsticks: Ultimate Guide - February 20, 2024
- How to Tell if Shrimp Has Gone Bad in the Freezer: Top Tips - February 19, 2024
- How to Cancel Order on Chipotle App: Quick Guide (2024) - February 19, 2024