Last Updated on May 16, 2023 by Shari Mason
When it comes to firing up the Ooni oven, we all know it’s pizza paradise. But did you know that you can actually make other recipes in your oven?
With spatula in hand, I dived into the realm of Ooni oven recipes that aren’t pizzas. We will explore some delicious and innovative Ooni oven recipes that go beyond traditional pizza and showcase the oven’s versatility and potential.
From appetizers to entrees to desserts, these recipes inspire your inner chef and impress your family and friends.
What Are Some Appetizers That Can Be Made In The Ooni Oven?
- Garlic bread: Brush slices of bread with garlic butter and sprinkle with herbs and parmesan cheese. Bake in the Ooni oven until the bread is toasted, and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Roasted vegetables: Toss bell peppers, zucchini , and eggplant with olive oil and seasonings, then roast in the Ooni oven until tender and slightly charred.
- Bacon-wrapped dates: Wrap pitted dates with bacon and secure them with toothpicks. Roast in the Ooni oven until the bacon is crispy and the dates are caramelized.
- Queso fundido: Heat a cast iron skillet in the Ooni oven, then add shredded cheese, jalapenos, and spices. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, then serve with tortilla chips.
- Baked feta dip: Place a block of feta cheese in a cast iron skillet and add cherry tomatoes, garlic, and herbs. Bake in the Ooni oven until the feta is soft and spreadable, then serve with crackers or bread.
What Are Some Entrees That Can Be Made In It?
- Roasted chicken: Season a whole chicken with herbs and spices, then roast in the Ooni oven until the skin is crispy and the meat is cooked.
- Grilled seafood: Grill shrimp, scallops, or fish fillets in the Ooni oven until cooked and slightly charred. Serve with a variety of dipping sauces or over a bed of greens.
- Steak: Grill your favorite cut of steak in the Ooni oven until seared on the outside and cooked to your desired temperature.
- Roasted vegetables and potatoes: Toss vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, and Brussels sprouts with olive oil and herbs, then roast in the Ooni oven until tender and caramelized.
- Skewers: Thread marinated chicken or beef onto skewers, then grill in the Ooni oven until cooked through and slightly charred. Serve with a dipping sauce or over a bed of rice.
What Are Some Desserts That Can Be Made In The Ooni Oven?
- Chocolate chip cookies: Roll your favorite cookie dough into balls and bake in the Ooni oven until golden brown and slightly crispy outside.
- Fruit crisps: Top fresh or frozen fruit with oats, flour, sugar, and butter, then bake in the Ooni oven until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is tender.
- Homemade s’mores: Layer graham crackers with chocolate and marshmallows, then bake in the Ooni oven until the marshmallows are gooey and toasted.
- Grilled fruit: Grill sliced peaches , pineapple, or watermelon in the Ooni oven until slightly charred and caramelized. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Apple pie: Roll out pie dough and fill it with sliced apples, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Bake in the Ooni oven until the crust is golden brown, and the filling is bubbly.
“My favorite comfort food would have be braised beef. You know, beef, slow-cooked in a Dutch oven or in a slow cooker until it falls apart with simple mushrooms, some onions, and lots of fresh thyme and garlic.”– Tyler Florence, Chef
Tips For Cooking In The Ooni Oven
- Preheat the oven: It’s important to preheat the oven before cooking to ensure that it reaches the desired temperature. The Ooni oven typically takes 15-20 minutes to preheat to the recommended temperature.
- Use high-quality ingredients: To get the best flavor, use high-quality ingredients in your dishes. Fresh herbs, good-quality olive oil, and high-quality meats and cheeses can make a big difference.
- Keep an eye on the temperature: The Ooni oven can get very hot, so it’s essential to keep an eye on the temperature as your food cooks. Use a thermometer to monitor the temperature and adjust the flame as needed.
- Experiment with different cooking techniques: The Ooni oven can be used for grilling, roasting, and baking, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different cooking techniques to create various dishes.
- Rotate your food: To ensure it cooks evenly, rotate it regularly in the oven. This can help prevent burning and ensure that all sides of the food are perfectly cooked.
Other Creative Ways To Use The Ooni Oven
- Smoke meat or fish: Use the Ooni oven as a smoker to infuse meat or fish with a delicious smoky flavor. Add wood chips to the oven and cook your meat or fish on low heat for several hours.
- Roast coffee beans: Roast your coffee beans in the Ooni oven for a delicious and aromatic cup of coffee. Spread the beans in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until they are browned and fragrant.
- Bake homemade dog treats: Use the Ooni oven to bake homemade dog treats for your furry friends. Try making treats with peanut butter, pumpkin, and oatmeal ingredients.
- Grill vegetables for canning: Use the Ooni oven to grill and roast vegetables. Roasting the vegetables first can help enhance their flavor and ensure they are fully cooked before canning.
Can you use my Ooni oven inside?
Using the Ooni oven inside is not recommended, as it is designed to be used outdoors in a well-ventilated area. The oven’s high heat can pose a fire risk and release harmful gases if used indoors.
Can you use tin foil in Ooni?
Yes, you can use tin foil in the Ooni oven. However, it is essential to use heavy-duty foil to prevent tearing or burning and to avoid covering the entire surface of the pizza or food, as this can affect the cooking process.
The Ooni pizza oven is a versatile cooking tool that can create various delicious dishes beyond just pizza. With some creativity and experimentation, the Ooni oven can cook appetizers, entrees, and desserts that will impress.
By following some simple tips, such as preheating the oven, using high-quality ingredients, and experimenting with different cooking techniques, you can create delicious and unique dishes that are perfect for any occasion.
Don’t be afraid to get creative and try new things – the possibilities are endless with the Ooni oven.
- How to Freeze Green Beans Without Blanching: Quick & Easy - December 1, 2023
- How to Can Green Beans Without a Pressure Cooker: Full Guide - December 1, 2023
- How to Make KFC Mashed Potatoes: Recreate the Fast-Food Favorite - December 1, 2023