Last Updated on February 15, 2024 by Shari Mason
Omaha Steaks’ Chicken Fried Steak is a much-loved classic from the Southern cuisine, savored in numerous households. With its delectable and substantial character, it makes for an ideal choice for a cozy family meal or a celebration dinner.
Made with tender beef steak, coated in a crispy breading, and served with creamy gravy, this dish is sure to please everyone at the table.
Let’s see the necessary steps and cooking instructions for Omaha Steaks chicken fried steak.
How To Make Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak
- Combine flour, salt, black pepper , garlic powder, and paprika in a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish, beat together eggs and milk.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge steaks in the flour mixture, dip in the egg mixture, and back into the flour mixture.
- Place the steaks in the hot oil and fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with gravy.
- Omaha Steaks Apple Tart Cooking Instructions
- How To Cook Omaha Steaks Twice Baked Potatoes?
- How To Cook Omaha Steaks Porkchops?
How To Know When It Is Done
You can tell when the Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak is done by checking the steak’s internal temperature. The recommended safe internal temperature is 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, and 170°F for well-done.
You can use a meat thermometer to check the steak’s internal temperature by inserting the thermometer into the thickest part of the steak without touching the bone. This will give you an accurate reading of the temperature.
Another way to check if the Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak is done is by using the “finger test,” which is a visual check to see if the steak is cooked. The finger test involves gently pressing the center of the steak with your finger.
A rare steak will feel soft and squishy, a medium steak will feel firmer, and a well-done steak will feel very firm. It’s important not to overcook the steak, as it can become tough and dry.
Substitutions Or Additions To The Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
- Meat Substitution: You can substitute the beef cube steaks for other cuts of beef, such as round steak or tenderized round steak.
- Spices: You can adjust the amount of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika to your preference or add other spices or herbs to the flour mixture to your taste, such as thyme, oregano, or cayenne pepper.
- Milk: You can use buttermilk instead of milk to give it a tangy taste.
- Breading: You can use other types of breading like Panko breadcrumbs or cornmeal.
- Gravy: You can make different types of gravy, such as mushroom, brown, or white, to serve with the steak.
How To Store Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak
If you have leftovers of Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak, it’s best to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. This will help to keep the steak fresh and the breading crispy.
Let the steak cool completely before storing it in the refrigerator, to avoid bacterial growth.
When reheating the steak, you can do it in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes, or in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
“There are two different things: there’s grilling, and there’s barbecue. Grilling is when people say, ‘We’re going to turn up the heat, make it hot and sear a steak, sear a burger, cook a chicken.’ Barbecue is going low and slow.”– Guy Fieri, Chef
You can also store the steak in the freezer for up to 3 months, but it’s important to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. To reheat frozen steak, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat it as instructed above.
Keep in mind that reheating can cause the breading to become less crispy, so it’s best to consume the leftovers as soon as possible.
Tips On How To Make The Perfect Chicken Fried Steak
- Use the right cut of meat: The best cuts of meat for chicken fried steak  are cube steaks, round steaks, or tenderized round steaks. These cuts are tender and have enough fat to keep the steak moist.
- Properly season the meat: Use a good amount of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika in the flour mixture to give the steak a nice flavor. Feel free to add other herbs and spices to your taste.
- Use room temperature ingredients: Make sure that the eggs and milk are at room temperature, this will help the breading to adhere better.
- Properly bread the steak: Dredge the steaks in the flour mixture, dip them in the egg mixture, then back into the flour mixture. Press the flour mixture onto the steak to make sure it is well coated.
- Use the right oil: Use a neutral-tasting oil with a high smoke point, such as vegetable oil or canola oil, to fry the steaks.
- Do not overcrowd the skillet: If necessary, fry the steaks in batches to avoid overcrowding the skillet. This will help the steaks cook evenly and prevent them from steaming.
- Drain the steaks: Once the steaks are fried, place them on a wire rack or paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil.
- Keep the steaks warm: Keep the steaks warm in a low oven (around 200°F) until ready to serve, this will help the breading to stay crispy.
- Make a delicious gravy: Serve the steaks with a delicious gravy made with pan drippings, flour, and milk or cream.
u003cstrongu003eHow long does it take to cook Omaha Steak Chicken Fried Steak?u003c/strongu003e
Generally, it is recommended to bake Omaha Steak Chicken Fried Steak in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 18-20 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 to 170 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on the size.
u003cstrongu003eDo you defrost Omaha Steaks before cooking?u003c/strongu003e
Yes. We recommend thawing your steaks completely in the refrigerator. While Omaha Steaks claims that it is possible to cook your steaks from a frozen state, the results will not be as delectable.
This Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak cooking instructions provide clear, easy-to-follow steps for preparing a delicious and flavorful meal.
Whether you cook it in the oven or on the stovetop, the result is a perfectly crispy exterior and a tender, juicy interior.
This dish is a great option for any occasion and will surely be a hit with your family and friends. Give it a try and experience the delicious taste of Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak.
- How to Thicken Instant Mashed Potatoes: Quick Fixes - February 19, 2024
- Which Country Eats the Most Brussels Sprouts? Surprising Stats - February 19, 2024
- How to Fix Salty Mashed Potatoes: Rescuing Spuds - February 19, 2024