Last Updated on January 25, 2023 by Shari Mason
Omaha Steaks Apple Tart is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The tart is made with a flaky pastry crust, a delicious apple filling, and a sweet and crunchy streusel topping.
Our team will provide step-by-step Omaha Steaks Apple Tart cooking instructions, including tips and tricks for the perfect outcome.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a novice cook, these instructions will help you make a delicious and impressive apple tart that will impress your guests.
How Do You Make Omaha Steaks Apple Tart?
- Start preheating your oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
- Mix the sliced apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Take the pre-baked tart shell and put the apple mixture inside it.
- In a small saucepan, combine the apricot preserves and water. Please bring it to a boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Brush the apricot mixture over the apples in the tart shell.
- Place it in the oven and bake it for 18-20 minutes or until the apples are tender and the crust is golden brown.
- Once it’s done, let it cool down for a few minutes before serving.
How Do You Know When The Omaha Steaks Apple Tart Is Done?
By checking the apples, you can tell when the Omaha Steaks Apple Tart  is done. They should be tender and easily pierced with a fork. Additionally, the crust should be golden brown.
Another way to check if the tart is done is by using a thermometer inserted into the center of the tart. The internal temperature of the tart should reach 185 to 190 F.
It’s important not to overcook the tart, as the apples will become mushy, and the crust will become too dark. Keep an eye on the tart during the last few minutes of cooking, and take it out of the oven as soon as it’s done.
Can You Make Substitutions Or Additions To The Recipe?
Yes. You can make substitutions or additions to the Omaha Steaks Apple Tart recipe. Here are a few suggestions:
- Apple Substitution: You can substitute the Granny Smith apples with any other type of tart apples, such as Braeburn, Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, or Fuji apples.
- Nut additions: you can add chopped nuts, like pecans or walnuts, to the apple mixture for added crunch.
- Fruit preserves: you can use other fruit preserves like raspberry  or blueberry instead of apricot preserves.
- Spices: you can adjust the amount of cinnamon and nutmeg to your preference or add other spices like allspice, ginger or cardamom to enhance the flavor.
- Additional toppings: you can top your tart with powdered sugar, caramel sauce, or chocolate chips for added flavor and texture.
- Crust substitution: you can use other types of crusts like shortcrust pastry or puff pastry instead of a pre-baked tart shell.
Remember that substitutions or additions may alter the final taste and texture of the tart. It’s always a good idea to make a small batch and adjust the recipe to your liking.
Also, if you make significant substitutions or additions, it may affect the baking time and temperature of the tart. Keep an eye on the tart while baking and adjust the cooking time as needed.
Are Omaha Steaks Apple Tarts Healthy?
Not really. Omaha Steaks Apple Tart is a dessert, and like most desserts, it is not considered a healthy option. It contains sugar, flour, and butter in the crust and sugar in the filling.
The apricot preserves are also high in sugar. While apples contain some vitamins and minerals, they are also high in sugar.
If you are looking for a healthier alternative, try reducing the sugar in the recipe, using a sugar substitute, or using whole wheat flour for the crust.
You can also try using different types of apples that are lower in sugar, such as granny smith, and you can increase the number of nuts or top the tart with Greek yogurt.
How Should You Store It?
Omaha Steaks Apple Tart should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. This will help to keep the crust crisp and the filling fresh.
Letting the tart cool completely before storing it in the refrigerator is best. If the tart is still warm, it can cause the crust to become soggy.
“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”– Carl Sagan, American Astronomer
If you have leftovers and want to reheat the tart, you can do it in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes or in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Be careful not to overheat it, as it can cause the crust to become tough.
It’s also worth noting that freezing Omaha Steaks Apple Tart is not recommended as it may cause the crust to become soggy and the filling to lose its texture.
How many calories are in an Omaha Steak Apple tartlet?
A typical serving size of an apple tartlet can have around 300-400 calories or more, depending on the recipe and the serving size.
Can you cook Omaha Steaks apple tart in an air fryer?
Yes. It is possible to cook Omaha Steaks apple tart in an air fryer. However, as the recipe calls for a pre-baked tart shell, you will need to bake the crust following the package instructions or the recipe you are using.
Omaha Steaks Apple Tart is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. You can enjoy a mouth-watering and irresistible Apple Tart at home with the right ingredients and cooking instructions.
The recipe is straightforward and can be easily customized to suit your taste preference by substituting or adding. The key is to keep an eye on the tart while baking and adjust the cooking time as needed.
Remember to let it cool down before serving, and store it properly in the refrigerator.
It’s important to remember that, as a dessert, it’s not considered a healthy option and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
With this recipe, you can impress your guests or indulge in a sweet treat.
- Can You Use Metal Utensils On Le Creuset Cookware? Solved - January 31, 2023
- How To Cook Pasta Without A Stove Or Microwave: 4 Options - January 31, 2023
- Is Frozen Lemon Juice As Good As Fresh? Explained (2023) - January 31, 2023