Last Updated on February 16, 2024 by Shari Mason
Good news for fans of LongHorn Steakhouse’s delectable and creamy ranch dressing – you now have the opportunity to recreate it in your own kitchen using this simple recipe.
LongHorn Steakhouse’s ranch dressing is famous for dipping, drizzling, or salad dressing. This dressing is tangy and savory and is made with a blend of buttermilk, sour cream, and a unique blend of herbs and spices.
Whether hosting a party or craving restaurant-style dressing, this recipe will surely be a hit. We’ll examine the ingredients and steps required to make LongHorn Steakhouse’s ranch dressing recipe at home.
What Are The Ingredients To Make LongHorn Steakhouse’s Ranch Dressing?
To make LongHorn Steakhouse’s famous ranch dressing, you will need the following:
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 dash black pepper
The buttermilk adds tanginess, while the sour cream and mayonnaise give the dressing its creamy texture. The minced garlic provides a punch of flavor, and the fresh herbs add a subtle yet distinct taste.
Salt and black pepper  round out the flavor profile and give the dressing a savory kick. Together, these ingredients create a delicious and versatile dressing that can be used for various purposes.
- How To Make Longhorn Steakhouse Mac And Cheese?
- How To Use Longhorn Steakhouse Grill Seasoning?
- Longhorn Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
- Outback Steakhouse Ranch Recipe
How Do You Make This Dressing?
- Whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add the minced garlic, parsley, dill, chives, salt, and black pepper to the bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight to allow the flavors to meld together.
- When you’re ready to serve, stir the dressing well to ensure the ingredients are well incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve the ranch dressing as a dip for vegetables, chicken wings, or fries, or use it as a salad dressing or as a condiment on burgers and sandwiches.
Can You Modify The Recipe To Adjust The Flavor Of The Ranch Dressing?
Yes. You can modify the recipe to adjust the flavor of LongHorn Steakhouse’s ranch dressing.
For example, reduce the amount of buttermilk used if you prefer a thicker dressing. If you like a tangier dressing, increase the amount of sour cream.
“I’m not a normal person with normal tastebuds, so I’ll save you all from cringing/dissing on my late night flavour pairings, but I will say when I was a kid, with little to no access to anything but my mother’s pantry, I’d dip everything in ranch dressing, Miracle Whip, katsup, barbecue sauce, honey, mustard, etc.”– Christina Tosi, American Chef
Add some cayenne or red pepper flakes if you want a spicier dressing.
You can also adjust the amount of garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper. Play around with the ingredients until you find the perfect flavors for your palate.
The beauty of making your ranch dressing at home is that you have complete control over the ingredients and can make it just how you like it.
How Can You Serve LongHorn Steakhouse’s Ranch Dressing?
- As a dip: Ranch dressing is classic for vegetables, chips, and chicken wings. Serve it alongside your favorite snack foods for a delicious and creamy dip.
- As a salad dressing: Ranch dressing is versatile and pairs well with various greens and vegetables. Toss it with romaine lettuce, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes for a refreshing salad.
- As a burger or sandwich condiment: Spread ranch dressing onto your burger or sandwich for a tangy and creamy addition.
- As a topping for baked potatoes: Drizzle ranch dressing over a baked potato  for a delicious and comforting side dish.
- As a marinade: Ranch dressing can also be used for chicken, beef, or pork. Coat the meat with the dressing and let it marinate for several hours before grilling or baking.
Are There Any Substitutes For The Ingredients In The Recipe?
- Buttermilk substitute: If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own by adding one tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to one cup of milk and letting it sit for five minutes.
- Sour cream substitute: Greek yogurt can be used as a substitute for sour cream in this recipe. It will add a tangy flavor to the dressing.
- Fresh herbs substitute: You can use dried herbs instead if you don’t have fresh herbs. However, use half the dried and fresh herbs to avoid overpowering the dressing.
- Garlic substitute: If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can use garlic powder instead. Use about half a teaspoon of garlic powder for every two teaspoons of minced garlic.
- Salt and pepper substitute: If you’re trying to reduce salt, use a low-sodium salt substitute or omit it altogether. Similarly, if you don’t like black pepper, you can use white pepper instead.
u003cstrongu003eWhat are the salad dressings at LongHorn Steakhouse?u003c/strongu003e
LongHorn Steakhouse offers ranch, blue cheese, balsamic vinaigrette, Caesar, honey mustard, Italian, and Thousand Island salad dressings.
u003cstrongu003eWhat is Texas Roadhouse ranch made of?u003c/strongu003e
Texas Roadhouse ranch is made of buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and fresh parsley.
u003cstrongu003eWhat brand of blue cheese dressing does LongHorn Steakhouse use?u003c/strongu003e
LongHorn Steakhouse makes its blue cheese dressing in-house using fresh ingredients.
LongHorn Steakhouse’s ranch dressing is a beloved condiment now easy to make at home with this simple recipe.
Made with buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, minced garlic, fresh herbs, and spices, this creamy and tangy dressing is perfect for dipping, dressing, and more.
Adjusting the recipe to your taste preferences and using fresh ingredients can make the dressing your own. The dressing can be served in many ways, including as a dip, salad dressing, or condiment.
You can create a delicious and versatile dressing that will impress your family and friends with a few simple steps.
Try this recipe out for your next meal or party, and enjoy the taste of LongHorn Steakhouse’s famous ranch dressing in the comfort of your own home.
- How to Tell if Shrimp Has Gone Bad in the Freezer: Top Tips - February 19, 2024
- How to Cancel Order on Chipotle App: Quick Guide (2024) - February 19, 2024
- How to Freeze Cream Corn: Preserving Freshness & Flavor - February 19, 2024