Last Updated on November 9, 2023 by Shari Mason
If you’re a fan of Jimmy John’s sandwiches, you’ve probably tasted their delicious Kickin’ Ranch dressing.
It’s the perfect blend of creamy and spicy, adding a flavorful kick to your favorite subs. But I couldn’t help but wonder if I could recreate the ranch dressing at home.
So, I decided to go on a culinary adventure and figure out how to make Jimmy John’s Kickin’ Ranch sauce right in my kitchen.
Today, I will share simple steps for making your own Kickin’ Ranch at home. Keep reading.
The Recipe Guide For Making Jimmy John’s Kickin Ranch
- Dried Parsley (1 tablespoon)
- Dried Dill Weed (1 tablespoon)
- Onion Powder (1 tablespoon)
- Garlic Powder (1 tablespoon)
- Paprika (1/2 teaspoon)
- Cayenne Pepper (1/4 teaspoon)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Black Pepper (1/4 teaspoon)
- Mayonnaise (1/2 cup)
- Buttermilk (1/2 cup)
- Sour Cream (1/4 cup)
- Hot Sauce (2-3 tablespoons): Adjust to your preferred spice level.
1. Create the Creamy Base
Begin by whisking the mayonnaise, buttermilk, and sour cream in a medium-sized bowl. Ensure that the mixture is well blended.
2. Add the Flavorful Spices
Incorporate dried parsley, dill weed, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika , cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and hot sauce into the creamy base.
Ensure thorough mixing to distribute the spices evenly.
3. Chill and Let the Flavors Develop
Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. As a result, the flavors blend and get stronger, making Kickin Ranch taste better.
4. Taste & Adjust
After refrigeration, taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning to your preference. Increase the spiciness with more hot sauce if desired.
5. Serve and Enjoy
Your homemade Kickin Ranch is ready to elevate sandwiches and wraps or serve as a delightful dip. Apply generously and enjoy the zesty kick it brings.
- Opt for Fresh Herbs for Enhanced Flavor: To intensify the flavor profile, choose fresh parsley and dill weed over their dried counterparts. Fresh herbs impart a more vibrant taste to your sauce.
- Customize the Spice Factor: Tailor the spiciness to your liking. Initiate with a conservative amount of hot sauce for a milder experience, then incrementally increase it. If you’re a heat fan, experiment with additional cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
- Mayonnaise Quality Matters: High-quality mayonnaise is key, as it forms the base of the sauce, impacting both flavor and texture.
- Get Creative with Variations: Don’t hesitate to experiment with diverse herbs and spices to create your unique flavor profile. Try incorporating fresh cilantro, a splash of lime juice, or a dash of chipotle powder to put an intriguing spin on the classic recipe.
- Proper Storage Prolongs Freshness: Maintain the freshness of your Kickin’ Ranch sauce by storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Remember to stir before serving, as natural separation may occur over time.
How Can You Serve Jimmy John’s Kickin Ranch?
1. Dipping Sauce
Kickin’ Ranch sauce from Jimmy John’s is a remarkable choice as a dipping sauce. It’s the ideal companion for a platter of fresh, crunchy vegetables like carrots, celery , and cucumbers.
“Don’t be afraid to play with flavors and spices; that’s where culinary magic happens.”– Eat Pallet Restaurant & Food Advice
The creamy and spicy notes of the sauce harmonize beautifully with the natural crispness of the veggies. But how can you make Jimmy John’s bread?
2. Sandwich Spread
The sauce can be used for sandwiches and wraps. Its bold flavors complement various meats, making it an excellent choice for chicken, turkey, or roast beef sandwiches.
3. Salad Dressing
Regarding salads, Kickin’ Ranch sauce takes your greens to a new level.
It harmonizes beautifully with various salads, whether enjoying a classic Caesar, a hearty Cobb, or a simple green salad.
The dressing adds a unique twist to the leafy goodness, transforming it into a satisfying and flavor-packed meal.
What Exactly Is Jimmy John’s Kickin Ranch Made Of?
Jimmy John’s Kickin Ranch is a tasty fusion of flavors with a few key ingredients. It includes pickled jalapenos, barbecue and sriracha sauce, buttermilk, and prepared ranch dressing.
The pickled jalapeños introduce a tangy and slightly spicy note, while the barbecue sauce adds a smoky sweetness.
Sriracha sauce brings the heat, contributing a fiery kick that balances the creamy elements.
Prepared ranch dressing lends its creamy and herby base, and buttermilk provides a silky consistency, ensuring a smooth and satisfying texture.
Find out who manufactured Jimmy John’s chips here.
What Is The Nutritional Content In Kickin Ranch?
A single serving size of Kickin Ranch, an 8-inch side, has 160 calories, 1 gram of protein, 2 grams of net carbs, and 15 grams of fat.
While this creamy and flavorful condiment can enhance the taste of your sandwiches and snacks, it’s wise to enjoy it in moderation, especially if you’re watching your carb or calorie intake.
How Should The Kickin Ranch Be Stored?
Protecting and keeping your homemade Kickin’ Ranch sauce fresh requires the right way to store it. To store it, transfer the sauce to an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator.
The Kickin’ Ranch can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week, allowing you to enjoy its zesty goodness over several meals.
“I have never seasoned a truth with the sauce of a lie in order to digest it more easily.”– Marguerite Yourcenar, Belgian-French Novelist and Essayist
However, remember to give the sauce a good stir before serving, as the ingredients may naturally separate over time.
If the sauce has been left at room temperature for more than two hours, it should be discarded to prevent potential bacterial contamination.
Also Read: What’s A Jimmy John’s Unwich?
What new sauce does Jimmy John’s offer?
Jimmy John’s now offers a delightful new sauce, a fusion of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce and their beloved Kickin’ Ranch sauce.
This combination delivers a unique blend of flavors that adds an exciting twist to your favorite sandwiches and snacks.
Is the Kickin Ranch a vegan sauce?
Kickin Ranch from Jimmy John’s is not vegan as it contains non-vegan ingredients like eggs, milk, and cheese.
Creating Jimmy John’s Kickin Ranch sauce at home opens up culinary possibilities. Drawing from my experience, I’ve explored various ways to enjoy this versatile condiment.
Firstly, I’ve mentioned the essential ingredients and the method of making Kickin Ranch.
Combining mayonnaise, buttermilk, herbs, and spices creates a creamy and spicy masterpiece.
Next, Kickin Ranch can serve as a dipping sauce for vegetables and snacks, a dressing to elevate your salads, and a sandwich spread to enhance your sandwiches.
Its versatility and bold flavors allow you to elevate a wide range of dishes, from snacks to main courses and everything in between.
By following the provided recipe and serving suggestions, you can savor the deliciousness of Kickin Ranch anytime, right in your kitchen.
- How to Freeze Green Beans Without Blanching: Quick & Easy - December 1, 2023
- How to Can Green Beans Without a Pressure Cooker: Full Guide - December 1, 2023
- How to Make KFC Mashed Potatoes: Recreate the Fast-Food Favorite - December 1, 2023