Last Updated on July 22, 2023 by Shari Mason
Tri-tip steak strips are a delicious and flavorful cut of beef that can be cooked quickly and easily on the stove. Whether looking for a quick weeknight dinner or an impressive meal for guests, tri-tip steak strips are a great choice.
We will walk you through the steps to cook tri-tip steak strips on the stove, from choosing the proper cut of meat to seasoning and cooking it to perfection.
So, let’s get started and learn how to cook tri-tip steak strips on the stove.
Guide On Cooking Tri-Tip Steak Strips On The Stove
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. This will help the steak cook more evenly.
- Season the steak strips with salt, pepper, and other desired spices or herbs. Rub the seasoning into the meat and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet or cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Add some oil and wait until it’s hot before adding the steak strips.
- Use tongs to place the steak strips in the pan, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium-rare. If you prefer a different level of doneness, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Use tongs to flip the steak strips and avoid piercing them with a fork, which can cause them to lose juice.
- Once the steak strips are cooked, remove them from the heat and let them rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures a tender and juicy steak.
- To serve, slice the steak strips against the grain and arrange them on a platter. You can also make a simple pan sauce using the drippings from the steak, some red wine, and a little butter for a delicious finishing touch.
- What Kind Of Steak Does Chipotle Use?
- How To Cook Steak On A George Foreman Grill?
- Costco Tri-Tip Cooking Instructions
How To Season Tri-Tip Steak Strips
Seasoning tri-tip steak strips are essential in creating a delicious and flavorful meal. While the natural taste of the beef is already quite rich and beefy, adding a few extra spices and herbs can take the dish to the next level.
“When I’m doing a movie, I eat the same thing every day. For lunch, it’s tuna salad or chicken salad and cole slaw. That’s it. For dinner, it’s either veal and rice, fish and rice or steak and rice. It gets boring; boy, does it get boring.”– Sylvester Stallone, Actor
Use a blend of salt, pepper, and garlic powder for a simple and classic seasoning. Depending on your taste, you can also experiment with different herbs like thyme  or rosemary.
However, be careful not to over-season the meat as it can overpower the natural flavor.
Rub the seasoning blend into the steak strips and let them sit for a few minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat before cooking.
How To Rest & Serve Tri-Tip Steak Strips
- Remove the cooked steak strips from the heat and transfer them to a clean plate.
- Cover the plate loosely with aluminum foil and let the steak strips rest for at least 5 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures a tender and juicy steak.
- Once the steak strips have rested, slice them against the grain into thin strips with a sharp knife.
- Arrange the sliced steak strips on a serving platter and drizzle them with any pan sauce you may have prepared.
- Garnish the platter with chopped herbs or vegetables for color and flavor, and serve immediately.
What To Serve With Them
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted root vegetables like carrots, parsnips, and sweet potatoes perfectly accompany tri-tip steak strips. For a colorful and healthy side, you can also roast some broccoli, asparagus, or bell peppers.
- Creamy mashed potatoes: Creamy and buttery mashed potatoes are a classic side dish that goes well with steak strips. Add some garlic or herbs to the mash to give it a flavorful twist.
- Green salad: A light and refreshing green salad complement rich and flavorful steak strips. Toss some mixed greens with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers , and a tangy vinaigrette for a fresh and tasty side.
- Grilled corn on the cob: Grilled corn on the cob is a classic side dish that pairs well with steak strips. Brush the corn with some butter and seasonings and grill it alongside the steak for a delicious and easy side.
- Garlic bread: Toasted garlic bread is a simple yet tasty side dish that can be prepared quickly. Serve it warm and crispy with some herb butter for a satisfying and flavorful accompaniment.
How to cook tri-tip steak in the air fryer?
To cook tri-tip steak in the air fryer, preheat it to 400°F, season the steak with salt, pepper, and any other desired spices, and place it in the basket.
Cook for 8-10 minutes for medium-rare, or adjust the cooking time according to your preferred level of doneness. Let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
How to cook tri-tip steak in a cast iron skillet and oven?
To cook tri-tip steak in a cast iron skillet, preheat it over high heat, season the steak with salt, pepper, and any other desired spices, and place it in the skillet.
Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches your desired level of doneness. Let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Is tri-tip steak tender?
Tri-tip steak is a relatively tender cut of beef, especially when compared to tougher cuts like chuck or round steak. However, it can still be challenging if overcooked or sliced incorrectly.
To ensure a tender and juicy tri-tip steak, it’s essential to cook it to the appropriate temperature and slice it against the grain.
Cooking tri-tip steak strips on the stove is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this flavorful cut of beef. Following the steps outlined in this guide, you can create tender and juicy steak strips that burst with flavor.
Each step is crucial to achieving the perfect dish, from seasoning the meat to resting and serving it properly.
With some practice and experimentation, you can develop your unique seasoning blends and cooking techniques to make tri-tip steak strips a staple in your kitchen.
So, grab your skillet and prepare a delicious and satisfying meal that your family and friends will love.
- How to Inject a Turkey Without an Injector: Creative Hacks - September 26, 2023
- How to Carve a Turkey with an Electric Knife: Effortless Guide - September 26, 2023
- How to Cook Turkey Necks for Greens: Flavorful Tradition - September 26, 2023