Last Updated on September 20, 2023 by Shari Mason
Are you looking to enjoy crispy sweet potato fries without the mess of oil? Air fryers are the answer! I find these handy kitchen tools make cooking frozen sweet potato fries a breeze.
Today, let me show you how to cook frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer. Ready to feast on some tasty fries? Let’s get started.
Steps On How To Cook Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Preheat Your Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to the recommended temperature, usually around 400°F (200°C). Let it run for 3-5 minutes to ensure it’s properly heated.
- Prepare the Fries: While the air fryer is preheating, take your frozen sweet potato  fries out of the freezer. There’s no need to defrost them.
- Layer in the Basket: Place the frozen fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Avoid overcrowding, as this can result in less crispy fries. If you have a large batch, cook them in multiple batches for the best results.
- Cooking Time: Set the cooking time according to the package instructions. Sweet potato fries take about 12-15 minutes in an air fryer. However, remember to check the fries and shake the basket halfway through for even cooking.
- Add a Touch of Oil (Optional): For extra crispiness and flavor, lightly spray the fries with cooking spray or drizzle a teaspoon of oil over them before cooking. This step is optional but recommended for an enhanced taste and texture.
- Monitor for Doneness: Keep a close eye on your fries towards the end of the cooking time. They’re ready when they turn golden brown and become crispy. You can test one by poking it with a fork or by tasting a piece to ensure they fit your liking.
- Serve and Enjoy: Remove your sweet potato fries from the air fryer once they are crispy and golden. Let them cool for a moment, and then serve them hot. Enjoy your delicious, homemade sweet potato fries.
“I think I’m going to give my baby her first food on Thanksgiving, make her some organic sweet potato. I’m very excited! It’s going to be a big day and my husband is in charge of the turkey – he’s the chef of the family!”– Lily Aldridge, American Model
- How To Cook Butternut Squash In The Air Fryer?
- How To Bake A Sweet Potato In A Toaster Oven?
- What Happens If You Eat Bad Sweet Potato?
- Is It Better To Bake Or Boil Sweet Potatoes For Casserole?
- What Does Sweet Potato Pie Taste Like?
Can I Cook The Fries Directly From The Freezer?
You can cook frozen sweet potato fries directly from the freezer in your air fryer. One of the significant advantages of using an air fryer is that it’s designed to handle frozen foods without thawing.
Cooking them frozen often results in crispier fries. Ensure you don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket, which can hinder proper air circulation and produce less crispy results.
Cooking your sweet potato fries straight from the freezer will save time, and still enjoy that delightful crispy texture you crave.
Do I Need To Add Oil?
While it’s not mandatory, adding oil when cooking frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer can enhance their crispiness and flavor.
Sweet potato fries already have some oil coating from the manufacturing process.
“Cooking frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer is like turning a chilly winter night into a warm, crispy hug – simple, satisfying, and oh-so-delicious!”– Eat Pallet Restaurant & Food Advice
Still, a light spritz of cooking spray  or a teaspoon of oil over the fries before cooking can make a noticeable difference.
The added oil helps promote that desirable golden-brown and crispy exterior while keeping the inside soft and tender.
If you aim for that extra crunch and taste, a touch of oil can be a valuable addition to your cooking process.
How Do I Know When They’re Ready?
- Visual Inspection: Keep an eye on the fries as they cook. They should turn a beautiful golden-brown color, indicating they’re becoming crispy on the outside.
- Texture Test: Gently poke one of the fries with a fork. If it feels crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, it’s likely ready.
- Taste Test: For the ultimate confirmation, taste a piece. It should be deliciously crispy while maintaining a soft, sweet interior.
Should frozen fries be thawed before air frying?
No, frozen fries do not need to be thawed before air frying.
Why do my sweet potatoes burn in the air fryer?
Sweet potatoes can burn in the air fryer due to their natural sugars. Their high sugar content makes them prone to caramelizing quickly and turning brown.
To prevent burning, lower the cooking temperature or shorten the cooking time. It’s also essential to monitor them closely, shaking the basket regularly for even cooking and avoiding overcrowding, which can trap heat and lead to burning.
Cooking frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer is a convenient and delicious way to enjoy this tasty treat.
With a few simple steps, including preheating, layering, monitoring, and optionally adding a touch of oil, you can achieve perfectly crispy and golden fries every time.
Whether looking for a quick snack or a tasty side dish, the air fryer is your trusty companion for perfectly cooking frozen sweet potato fries. Enjoy your homemade crispy delights with ease.
- How Long Does Stove Top Stuffing Last After Expiration Date? - September 28, 2023
- How to Cook Giblets for Stuffing: Enhancing Flavor - September 28, 2023
- How Long Will Stuffing Last in the Fridge? Storage Tips (2023) - September 28, 2023