Last Updated on February 11, 2023 by Shari Mason
Takis is a popular spicy rolled tortilla chips known for their bold flavor and heat. With their distinctive crunch and bold spices, Takis has become a popular snack for those who enjoy a spicy kick.
But how spicy are Takis, exactly? To answer this question, we need to understand the Scoville scale, a measurement of the heat level in spicy foods.
We will explore the Scoville units of Takis and what makes them such a popular snack food for those who enjoy spicy flavors.
How Many Scoville Units Are In Takis?
The Scoville units in Takis can vary depending on the flavor, but they typically range from 10,000 to 13,000.
Takis Fuego, one of the brand’s most popular flavors, has a Scoville units rating of around 8,000 to 10,000, making it a spicy snack for those who enjoy the heat.
Blue Takis, on the other hand, has a lower Scoville unit rating of around 8,000, making it a more mild option for those who want a spicy flavor without the intense heat.
“My mom cooked the same food every day – tortillas, beans and meat. If it was enchiladas, it was – tortillas, beans and meat. If it was burritos, it was still – tortillas, beans and meat.”– Felipe Esparza, Mexican Comedian
Regardless of the flavor, Takis are known for their bold and spicy taste and are a popular snack for those who enjoy a little kick in their food.
How Are Takis Made?
Takis are made by rolling corn masa dough into a tube-like shape and deep-frying it until crispy.
The fried dough is then coated in a combination of chili pepper, lime , and other spices to create the signature flavor of Takis.
The heat level of Takis can be adjusted by altering the amount of chili pepper used in the seasoning mixture.
Some flavors of Takis, such as Fiery Habanero, are spicier than others, like Guacamole, which has a milder heat level.
The final product is a crunchy snack popular with those who enjoy a spicy kick in their snacks.
Are There Different Heat Levels Of Takis Available?
Yes, there are different heat levels of Takis available. Some popular flavors, such as Fiery Hot, contain high chili pepper levels and are considered very spicy.
On the other hand, other flavors, such as Guacamole , have a milder heat level and are more suitable for those who prefer a milder flavor.
The heat level of Takis can also vary between countries, as the recipe and ingredients used can differ.
In general, Takis are marketed as a spicy snack for those who enjoy a fiery kick in their food. Consumers can choose a range of heat levels to suit their preferences, from mild to extremely hot.
5 Ways To Serve Takis
- As a snack: Takis is a popular food that can be enjoyed straight out of the bag. They are a crunchy, spicy alternative to traditional chips and can be served with dips or as a party snack.
- Topping for tacos: Crumbled Takis can be added to tacos for a spicy crunch. They work well with beef, chicken, or fish tacos.
- Topping for salads: Takis can be added as a crunchy and spicy alternative to croutons.
- In trail mix: Takis can be added to trail mix, nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate for a sweet and spicy snack.
- In baked goods: Takis can be crushed and added to baked goods such as cookies, cakes, and muffins for a spicy twist.
Alternative Snacks For Those Who Do Not Enjoy Spicy Foods
- Crackers: Crackers come in various flavors, from cheese to saltine, and are a classic snack option for those who prefer milder flavors.
- Nuts: Nuts such as almonds, cashews, and peanuts are a healthy snack option that can be enjoyed on their own or as a topping for other foods.
- Fresh fruit: Fresh fruit such as apples, grapes, and berries are sweet and satisfying snack options that are naturally low in calories.
- Popcorn: Popcorn is a low-calorie snack that can be seasoned with various flavors, from cheese to caramel, for a satisfying crunch.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a creamy and nutritious snack that can be enjoyed on its own or topped with fresh fruit and granola for added crunch.
How many Scoville units are Takis Fuego?
The Scoville units of Takis Fuego can vary, but it’s typically around 8,000 to 10,000 Scoville units, which is considered to be quite spicy.
The exact Scoville units of Takis Fuego can vary depending on the batch, the manufacturer, and the region. However, it’s generally considered a spicy snack, not for the faint of heart.
How many Scoville units are hot Cheetos?
Hot Cheetos typically have a Scoville units rating of around 15,000. This makes them one of the market’s most popular spicy snack options.
Takis is a popular spicy snack with various flavors, each with its unique heat level. The Scoville units of Takis can range from 8,000 to 13,000, depending on the variety.
Takis can be a fun and satisfying snack for those who enjoy spicy foods. However, it’s important to remember that spicy snacks can be intense and may not be suitable for everyone.
Whether you prefer a mild or intense heat level, it’s essential to know your tolerance for spicy foods and choose a snack that’s right for you.
- Does Chick Fil A Use Peanut Oil? Explained (2023 Updated) - March 21, 2023
- Are Chick Fil A Fries Gluten Free? Answered (2023 Updated) - March 21, 2023
- How Many Nuggets In Chick Fil A Tray: Complete Guide (2023) - March 21, 2023