Last Updated on July 12, 2023 by Shari Mason
Frank’s RedHot sauce is a popular and versatile hot sauce made from aged cayenne peppers, vinegar, and spices. Known for its unique balance of heat and flavor, it’s a staple in many kitchens.
However, like any food product, it’s essential to know how long it lasts and how to store it to ensure its quality and safety properly.
So how long is Frank’s red hot sauce good for? Let’s find out.
How Long Can Frank’s Red Hot Sauce Last?
When stored properly, an unopened bottle of Frank’s Red Hot sauce can last 2 years from the date of manufacture.
Frank’s RedHot sauce is a shelf-stable product with a long shelf life, and according to their official website, the date stamped on the bottle is the date the company recommends that you use the hot sauce by for optimum flavor and quality.
The sauce contains vinegar  and salt, which are natural preservatives and helps to extend their shelf life.
While refrigerating it will help maintain the flavor, it is not necessary, especially if you like your hot sauce to be at room temperature.
To determine if the sauce is still good, check for signs of spoilage, such as an off odor, a change in color, or a separation of the sauce. If any of these signs are present, it’s best to discard the sauce and purchase a new bottle.
Can You Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze Frank’s Red Hot sauce. Freezing can extend the sauce’s shelf life and make it easier to store, especially if you have an open bottle you think you will need more time to finish.
To freeze the sauce, transfer it to a freezer-safe container, such as a plastic container or a resealable freezer bag, and freeze it for up to 6 months.
“He who eats with most pleasure is he who least requires sauce.”– Xenophon, Greek Philosopher
It’s important to note that freezing the sauce may cause it to separate and thicken, so it may not pour as smoothly as it did before freezing.
To remedy this, you can mix the sauce thoroughly after it has thawed or warm it up in a saucepan over low heat until it has reached its original consistency. We’ve got some alternatives for Frank’s Hot Sauce here.
Signs That Frank’s Red Hot Sauce Might Have Gone Bad
- Color change: If the sauce has turned dark or has an off color, it may have gone bad.
- Unpleasant odor: If the sauce has a sour or rancid smell, it’s a sign it has gone bad.
- Change in texture: If the sauce has become thicker or thinner than usual, it may have gone bad.
- Off-taste: If the sauce tastes sour or bitter, it’s a sign that it has gone bad.
- Presence of mold: If there is any visible mold  growing on the sauce, it should be discarded.
How To Properly Store It
- Keep it in a cool, dry place: Store the sauce away from direct sunlight and heat sources. A pantry or cupboard away from the stove or oven is ideal.
- Keep the lid tightly sealed: Make sure the lid is tightly sealed after each use to prevent air and bacteria from entering.
- Avoid high humidity: Don’t store the sauce in a damp or humid area, such as a bathroom or near a dishwasher, as this can accelerate spoilage.
- Refrigerate after opening: Once the sauce has been opened, it’s best to store it in the refrigerator to extend its shelf life.
- Check the expiration date: Make sure to check the expiration date before using the sauce and discard it if it has passed.
How long is hot sauce good for after the expiration date?
Hot sauce can last a few months after expiration if appropriately stored in the refrigerator.
The shelf life of hot sauce after its expiration date will vary depending on several factors, such as the ingredients, storage conditions, and how the sauce has been handled.
Can you eat expired Frank’s red hot sauce?
It is generally considered safe to consume if the sauce has been stored correctly and shows no signs of spoilage, such as a change in color, texture, taste, or odor. However, it is always best to err on caution and discard any sauce that has passed its expiration date.
Frank’s Red Hot Sauce is a popular condiment with a relatively long shelf life. When stored properly in a cool, dry place, the sauce can last for a few months after its expiration date.
However, it is essential to regularly check the sauce for signs of spoilage, such as a change in color, texture, taste, or odor, and to discard it if it shows any of these signs.
While hot sauce can last longer than its expiration date, it is always best to err on the side of caution and discard the sauce if there is any doubt about its safety.
- How to Freeze Green Beans Without Blanching: Quick & Easy - December 1, 2023
- How to Can Green Beans Without a Pressure Cooker: Full Guide - December 1, 2023
- How to Make KFC Mashed Potatoes: Recreate the Fast-Food Favorite - December 1, 2023