Last Updated on September 6, 2023 by Shari Mason
Ginger tea is a popular beverage that is enjoyed both hot and cold. Not only is ginger tea delicious, but it also has many health benefits.
Embracing the warmth of ginger tea is soothing, and I’ve often made extra to enjoy later. After brewing a batch, I found myself wondering about its fridge life.
So how long does ginger tea last in the fridge? Read on to learn more about storing and enjoying your ginger tea.
How Long Is Ginger Tea Good For In The Fridge?
When made properly and stored correctly, ginger tea can remain delicious and safe to drink for up to five days in the refrigerator.
To ensure your ginger tea  stays fresh and safe to consume, it’s important to keep it in an airtight container and keep it cold.
You can also extend the shelf life of ginger tea by freezing it. To freeze your ginger tea, pour it into an ice cube tray or other freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer.
When frozen, your ginger tea should remain flavorful and safe for up to two months.
To defrost, remove the desired amount of frozen ginger tea and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator for several hours. Once thawed, you can enjoy your ginger tea as you would normally. But how long does store-bought iced tea last?
How To Make Ginger Tea
Making ginger tea is simple, easy, and delicious. Add one tablespoon of freshly grated ginger to a cup of boiling water to make ginger tea. Let it steep for five minutes and then add honey to sweeten the tea.
If desired, lemon juice or a pinch of cinnamon can also be added for additional flavor. Once the tea is ready, strain it and enjoy.
“I have a green juice in the morning – a big one – with kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, two lemons, and lots of ginger.”– Kelly Gale, Swedish Model
Add two tablespoons of grated ginger to each cup of boiling water for a stronger ginger tea. Allow the tea to steep for five to ten minutes, then strain.
You can also add a pinch of black pepper or a few drops of essential oil to the mixture for added flavor. Enjoy your ginger tea warm or over ice, and feel the benefits of ginger throughout your body.
- Do You Need To Peel Ginger Before Juicing?
- Texas Roadhouse Sweet Tea Recipe
- Does Kung Fu Tea Have Non-Dairy Milk?
What Does It Taste Like?
Ginger tea has a unique and spicy taste that can range from mild to strong depending on the type of ginger used.
It has a warm and earthy flavor, with notes of citrus , pepper, and even a hint of sweetness.
It’s an incredibly refreshing and invigorating drink, perfect for any time of the day. It’s often enjoyed with a dash of honey or lemon to enhance its flavor.
Benefits Of Consuming Ginger Tea
- Aids Digestion: Ginger tea is a great remedy for digestive issues such as nausea, gas, and constipation. It helps to reduce inflammation in the digestive system and stimulates the production of digestive juices.
- Boosts Immunity: Ginger tea can help boost the immune system by providing antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that fight off infection.
- Relieves Stress: Ginger tea helps reduce stress and anxiety due to its calming effect. It also helps promote better sleep and can reduce feelings of depression.
- Fights Inflammation: Ginger tea contains anti-inflammatory compounds that can reduce inflammation in the body. It can help relieve joint pain and reduce swelling.
- Regulates Blood Sugar: Ginger tea can help regulate blood sugar levels, which benefits those with diabetes or prediabetes.
- Improves Heart Health: Ginger tea can help improve heart health by reducing cholesterol levels and improving circulation.
“Like a fleeting embrace, the essence of ginger tea lingers in the fridge. As days pass, its warmth may soften, but every sip remains a gentle reminder to relish life’s moments while they’re at their most invigorating.”– Eat Pallet Restaurant & Food Advice
Tips On How To Store It
- When buying ginger tea, make sure to purchase the tea in an airtight container or bag. This will help keep the tea fresh and flavorful.
- Store the tea in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- If you do not use the tea immediately, you can store it in the refrigerator. This will help keep the tea fresher for longer.
- To maximize the tea’s flavor, use the tea within 4-6 weeks of purchase.
- If you want to store the tea for longer than 4-6 weeks, you can freeze it for up to 6 months. Make sure to place the tea in an airtight container before freezing.
How long does ginger water last in the fridge?
Ginger water can last in the fridge for up to one week.
How long does ginger tea last at room temperature?
Ginger tea can last for up to 8 hours at room temperature. After 8 hours, the tea should be refrigerated and consumed within 24 hours.
When should you not drink ginger tea?
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is not recommended to consume ginger tea as it may affect the baby.
If you are taking any medications, it is also important to speak to your doctor before consuming ginger tea, as it could interact with certain medications.
Ginger tea can last up to 4-5 days in the fridge if stored properly.
To ensure the best flavor and quality, it is best to consume it within 24-48 hours after brewing.
Be sure to store it in an airtight container to keep out any contaminants and keep it away from strong-smelling foods.
- How to Freeze Green Beans Without Blanching: Quick & Easy - December 1, 2023
- How to Can Green Beans Without a Pressure Cooker: Full Guide - December 1, 2023
- How to Make KFC Mashed Potatoes: Recreate the Fast-Food Favorite - December 1, 2023