Last Updated on October 6, 2023 by Shari Mason
Looking to improve your cooking skills and learn from a world-renowned chef?
Gordon Ramsay’s Masterclass offers an online course where the multi-Michelin-starred chef teaches the essentials of cooking in 20 video lessons.
In this Gordon Ramsay MasterClass review, we’ll take a closer look at the content of the course, the quality of the instruction, and whether the Masterclass is worth your time and money.
Is Chef Gordon Ramsay’s MasterClass Worth It?
Yes. Gordon Ramsay’s masterclass is a great way to learn how to cook from someone who’s spent his entire life cooking in Michelin-starred restaurants .
After taking the course, I believe the MasterClass offers in-depth instruction on a wide range of cooking techniques and skills and insights into Gordon Ramsay’s personal approach to cooking and his philosophy on food.
Additionally, the production quality of the course is exceptional, with high-quality video and audio, making it easy to follow along with the lessons.
Objectives of the Masterclass
- Teach students essential cooking techniques, skills, and principles.
- Provide insights into Gordon Ramsay’s approach to cooking.
- Cover various topics, including ingredient selection and preparation, knife skills, cooking various proteins and vegetables, making sauces and soups, and creating appetizers, entrees, and desserts.
- Inspire students to develop their own creativity and passion for cooking.
- Encourage students to continue exploring and experimenting in the kitchen.
How Much Does Gordon Ramsay’s Masterclass Cost?
I recently completed Gordon Ramsay’s MasterClass on cooking, and here’s a concise breakdown of the three different pricing options:
- Individual plan: $180 per year, averaging $15 per month.
- Duo plan: $240 per year, averaging $20 per month.
- Family plan: $276 per year, averaging $23 per month.
Consider your budget and learning objectives before choosing a plan. Chef Ramsay’s teachings are valuable, but it’s essential to decide if it’s the right investment for you.
Quick Preview of Ramsay’s Cooking Masterclass
|Total Course Time||A Lesson in Cooking with master chef Gordon Ramsay 1 (20 lessons totaling 3 hrs and 52 mins). The second installment of Gordon Ramsay’s cooking collection is 15 lessons totaling 4 hours and 13 mins|
|Materials||These Gordon Ramsay MasterClass courses are accompanied by a single piece of supplementary content: a downloadable “cookbook” and worksheet totaling 44 pages.|
|Lessons||More than 180 different programs are available on the MasterClass website. These classes include various topics, such as business and management, photography, food, writing, acting, music, sports, and more.|
Line Up of Gordon’s MasterClass
- Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking 1
The duration of each instruction in Gordon Ramsay’s MasterClass is around 11 minutes on average, and the class is divided into 20 individual classes.
- Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking 2: Restaurant Recipes at Home
Gordon teaches recipes that are the focus of the second course. Although he continues to discuss the essentials, Chef Ramsay focuses on the process, beginning with food preparation and continuing to its presentation and completion.
What Is Included in the MasterClass?
I liked how each session’s video lessons were exceptionally high in production quality.
For Course 1, here are the different sections:
- Getting to Know Gordon Ramsay
- Mastering the Kitchen
- Mastering Vegetables & Herbs
- Elevating Eggs
- Developing Knife Skills
- Mastering Meat: Chicken, Beef, Lamb & Pork
- Mastering Seafood: Fish & Shellfish
- Making the Perfect Pasta
Downloadable Cookbooks & Workbooks
The application provides a downloaded workbook in addition to providing you with the ability to take notes alongside each session.
The company referred to the MasterClass community forum as “The Hub” quite frequently.
What Did We Learn from the MasterClass?
I learned the importance of proper knife skills and techniques. During the class, I learned how to hold the knife and the different cutting styles, such as dicing and julienning.
I also learned the significance of ingredient selection and preparation, including choosing high-quality produce and preparing meats and fish properly.
“I’ve had a lot of success; I’ve had failures, so I learn from the failure”.– Gordon Ramsay, Chef
The course covered various cooking techniques, including searing a steak and roasting vegetables to perfection. Gordon also showed how to create flavorful and complex sauces and soups, including the proper use of herbs and spices.
We were also taught the value of presentation and plating during the class. We learned how to elevate a dish to a restaurant-level quality by focusing on the presentation and how it’s plated.
The MasterClass encouraged experimentation and creativity in cooking, which allowed me to think outside the box and create unique and exciting dishes.
Pros & Cons of Gordon Ramsay MasterClass
- Learn hands-on, actionable advice from the man himself, Gordon Ramsay.
- An understandable explanation of the philosophy will equip you to continue to enhance your cooking skills.
- Recipes call for unusual components and challenge the home cook to think creatively about their choices.
- Incredible standards of home cooking.
- Suggestions for alternative ingredients to accommodate specific dietary needs
- Complex recipes, with some of the components already produced.
- Occasionally makes use of ingredients that are difficult to locate.
Is the Gordon Ramsay MasterClass Unique?
The course is a unique and great way to start learning how to cook, with many tips you can use in your own kitchen.
Plus, you can learn from one of the world’s best chefs. I enjoyed the course and think it’s one of the best cooking classes you can take online .
Is the Gordon Ramsay MasterClass recognized?
Yes. The Gordon Ramsay MasterClass is recognized worldwide. The MasterClass combines the world-class chef’s experience, basic cooking techniques, and popular mouthwatering dishes worldwide.
How long will it take to finish Gordon Ramsay’s MasterClass?
The MasterClass part 1 spans 20 video cooking lessons and lasts 3 hours and 53 minutes. Part 2 will take you 4 hours and 13 minutes to finish.
Can I cancel or refund Gordon Ramsay MasterClass?
MasterClass gives you 30 days to ask for your money back. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, you can get your money back within the first 30 days.
Who should take Gordon Ramsay’s MasterClass?
MasterClass is for people who already know how to cook but want to take their skills to the next level.
Does Gordon Ramsay MasterClass have a free trial?
There is no “free trial” of MasterClass. But MasterClass is so sure that its lessons are suitable that it gives you 30 days to get your money back if you don’t like them.
How do you enroll in Gordon Ramsay’s MasterClass?
The first thing that you need to do is visit the official website at https://www.masterclass.com/classes/gordon-ramsay-teaches-cooking. Once there, click the “Sign Up Now” button and enter the necessary information.
Overall, this MasterClass is one of the best online courses out there. We were impressed with it. Of course, Chef Ramsay is a world-renowned chef known as the Hell’s Kitchen star.
He has some excellent tips that bring out a chef’s great potential. The compact but comprehensive and organized lessons will guarantee you some new skills in the kitchen.
Ultimately, there’s a lot to like about this course. It’s fun to watch and easy to follow, which is handy since it’s recommended that you only use the classes for a half hour at a time.
And despite the intensity of the famed chef’s personality, he does offer helpful insights along the way.
- How to Freeze Green Beans Without Blanching: Quick & Easy - December 1, 2023
- How to Can Green Beans Without a Pressure Cooker: Full Guide - December 1, 2023
- How to Make KFC Mashed Potatoes: Recreate the Fast-Food Favorite - December 1, 2023