Last Updated on February 17, 2024 by Shari Mason
Fogo de Chao, a renowned Brazilian steakhouse, is recognized for its superior quality meats, an array of seafood, and a wide-ranging salad bar.
One of the most beloved items on their menu is their delicious bacon, which is crispy, savory, and smoky. If you’ve ever tried Fogo de Chao’s bacon and wondered how it’s made, you’re in luck.
We’ll look closer at Fogo de Chao’s bacon recipe and how you can recreate it at home.
What Are The Ingredients For Fogo De Chao’s Bacon Recipe?
- Thick-cut bacon slices (1 lb)
- Brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- Black pepper (2 tbsp)
- Paprika (1 tsp)
- Garlic powder (1 tsp)
- Cayenne pepper (1 tsp)
The exact measurements for each ingredient are not publicly available, as the recipe is proprietary to Fogo de Chao. However, these are the known ingredients used in the recipe that you can adjust based on preference.
How To Make It
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Mix brown sugar, black pepper , paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
- Lay the bacon slices on a wire rack set over a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture generously over the bacon slices, making sure to coat both sides evenly.
- Bake the bacon in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until it is crispy and browned to your liking.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and let it cool on the wire rack for a few minutes before serving.
- You can adjust the amount of spice mixture used depending on your preference for flavor and heat. You are also grilling the bacon for an extra smoky flavor. Enjoy your homemade Fogo de Chao-style bacon!
How Can You Customize Fogo De Chao’s Bacon Recipe To Your Taste?
- Adjust the spice level: If you prefer a milder or spicier flavor, you can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper used in the recipe. For a milder taste, use less cayenne pepper; add more for a spicier taste.
- Use different spices: You can experiment with different spices to customize the flavor of the bacon. Some options include smoked paprika, chili powder, or even a touch of cinnamon for a sweet and spicy flavor.
- Try different types of bacon: While Fogo de Chao’s recipe calls for thick-cut bacon, you can also try using other types of bacon, such as applewood-smoked or maple-flavored bacon, for a different flavor profile.
- Add a glaze: To give the bacon  an extra layer of flavor. Try brushing it with a glaze made from honey, maple syrup, or your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Grill the bacon: Try grilling it instead of baking it for a smokier flavor. Heat your grill to medium-high heat, and grill the bacon for a few minutes on each side until it is crispy and browned.
Serving Suggestions For Fogo De Chao’s Bacon
- Breakfast: Serve the bacon alongside your favorite breakfast foods, such as eggs, pancakes, or waffles.
- Appetizer: Cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces and serve as an appetizer with toothpicks.
- Salad: Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it over a salad for a salty, crunchy topping.
- Burger topping: Add the bacon to your favorite burger for an extra layer of flavor and texture.
- Charcuterie board: Arrange the bacon alongside other cured meats and cheeses on a charcuterie board for a delicious and indulgent snack.
- BLT sandwich: Use bacon as the star ingredient in a classic BLT sandwich.
- Snack: Enjoy the bacon as a salty, savory snack.
What Makes Fogo De Chao’s Bacon Recipe Unique?
Fogo de Chao’s bacon recipe is unique because of the combination of flavors used to make it.
The bacon is coated in a mixture of brown sugar, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, which creates a perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavors.
“Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.”– Doug Larson, Columnist
Additionally, the bacon is cooked until it is crispy and caramelized, adding a smoky and savory flavor.
u003cstrongu003eHow can you store Fogo de Chao’s bacon to keep it fresh?u003c/strongu003e
To store Fogo de Chao’s bacon, it is essential first to let it cool to room temperature. Once it has cooled, you can wrap it in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. u003cbru003eu003cbru003eThe bacon can be kept in the refrigerator for up to four days. If you want to store it for longer, you can freeze it in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to three months. u003cbru003eu003cbru003eWhen you are ready to eat the bacon, reheat it in the oven or microwave until it is warm and crispy again. It is not recommended to reheat the bacon in a pan as it may become too greasy.
u003cstrongu003eCan you make Fogo de Chao’s bacon in advance for meal prep?u003c/strongu003e
Yes, you can make Fogo de Chao’s bacon in advance for meal prep. It can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer until you can use it. u003cbru003eu003cbru003eJust follow proper storage guidelines and reheat it properly before consuming it.
Fogo de Chao’s bacon recipe is a unique and flavorful dish that has gained popularity among food lovers.
The combination of sweet and spicy flavors and the smoky and savory taste of the bacon make it a signature item at the Brazilian steakhouse.
With the right ingredients and cooking techniques, you can easily recreate this recipe at home and customize it to your taste preferences.
Whether you serve it as a side dish or an appetizer, Fogo de Chao’s bacon will surely be a hit at any gathering. Plus, it can be made in advance for meal prep, making it a convenient and delicious option for any occasion.
- Which KitchenAid Attachment To Use for Mashed Potatoes - February 19, 2024
- What Gravy Goes with Ham & Mashed Potatoes? Perfect Pairings - February 19, 2024
- Why Are Restaurant Brussels Sprouts So Much Better? Revealed - February 19, 2024