Last Updated on July 24, 2023 by Shari Mason
If you’re a burger lover, you know that high-quality meat is the key to a great burger. Costco’s Angus burgers are famous among meat lovers for their juicy and flavorful taste.
These burgers are made from 100% USDA Choice Angus beef , known for its marbling and tenderness. Whether cooking a quick dinner for your family or hosting a backyard barbecue with friends, these burgers will surely be a hit.
We’ll provide you with step-by-step cooking instructions for cooking Costco Angus burgers to perfection and tips on how to customize your burger.
What Are The Recommended Cooking Methods For Costco Angus Burgers, & How Long Should You Cook Them?
- Grilling: Grilling is one of the best ways to cook a burger, as it adds a delicious smoky flavor to the meat. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and brush the grates with oil. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, 5-6 minutes for medium, or 6-7 minutes for well done.
- Pan-frying: Pan-frying is an excellent option if you don’t have access to a grill or prefer to cook indoors. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the burgers in the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, 5-6 minutes for medium, or 6-7 minutes for well done.
- Oven-baking: Preheat your oven to 400°F. Place the burgers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes for medium-rare, 12-14 minutes for medium, or 14-16 minutes for well done.
- How To Cook A Bubba Burger On The Stove?
- Costco Orange Chicken Cooking Instructions
- How Many People Does A Costco Pizza Feed?
What Are The Ingredients In Costco Angus Burgers, & How Should You Store Them?
Costco Angus Burgers are made with high-quality ground beef  that contains no fillers or artificial ingredients.
The burgers come in a vacuum-sealed package and are sold frozen, so they should be stored in the freezer until you’re ready to use them.
“I hate eating vegetables. The only vegetables I eat are lettuce on a burger.”– Chance The Rapper, American Rapper
Make sure to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before cooking. If you have any leftover burgers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
The ingredients in Costco Angus Burgers are simple and natural, which makes them an excellent option for those looking for a delicious and wholesome meal.
How Do You Prepare The Angus Burgers For Cooking?
To prepare Costco Angus Burgers for cooking, start by thawing them in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, remove them from the package and season them with salt, pepper, or any other seasoning you choose.
Add toppings like cheese, onions, lettuce, and tomatoes to your burgers for flavor. Allow the burgers to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking, which will help them cook more evenly.
Once the burgers are seasoned and ready, choose your preferred cooking method and follow the recommended cooking times.
Remember to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the burgers and ensure they are fully cooked. Once they are done, let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
How Do You Know When They Are Fully Cooked?
To know when Costco Angus Burgers are fully cooked, it’s essential to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.
The USDA recommends cooking ground beef to an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) to ensure any harmful bacteria are killed.
To take the temperature of the burgers, insert the thermometer into the center of the thickest part of the patty, making sure not to touch any bones or the cooking surface.
If the temperature reads 160°F (71°C), the burgers are fully cooked and safe to eat.
It’s also a good idea to cut into one of the burgers and check that the meat is no longer pink. Remember to let the burgers rest for a few minutes before serving, as this allows the juices to redistribute and ensures a juicy and delicious burger.
Serving Suggestions & Toppings For Costco Angus Burgers
- Classic Toppings: Lettuce, tomato, onion, and cheese are classic toppings that go well with almost any burger. You can also try different types of cheese, such as cheddar, pepper jack, or blue cheese, to add more flavor.
- Bacon: Bacon is a popular burger topping that adds a smoky and savory flavor. You can cook the bacon until crispy, crumble it over the burger, or place a few slices on top of the patty.
- Avocado: Adding slices of avocado  to your burger is a great way to add a creamy texture and a fresh flavor. You can also mash the avocado to create a guacamole spread for the bun.
- Pickles: Pickles are a great addition to burgers as they add a tangy and slightly sweet flavor. You can use sliced pickles or pickle relish to add a bit of crunch and acidity to your burger.
- Sauteed Mushrooms: Sauteed mushrooms add a delicious earthy flavor to burgers. You can cook them with butter, garlic, and thyme to enhance their flavor.
- Caramelized Onions: Caramelized onions are sweet and savory and go well with the smoky flavor of burgers. You can caramelize the onions by simmering them with sugar until they are soft and golden brown.
- Arugula: Arugula is a flavorful leafy green that adds a slightly bitter and peppery taste to burgers. You can use it instead of lettuce for a more gourmet touch.
- Roasted Garlic: Roasted garlic adds a sweet and nutty flavor to burgers. You can roast the garlic cloves in the oven with olive oil until they are soft and caramelized, then spread them on the bun or patty.
Can you directly cook frozen Costco Angus burgers?
You can cook frozen Costco Angus burgers directly, which may take longer than thawed burgers. It is recommended to thaw the burgers before cooking for even cooking and better texture.
Are Costco burgers pre-cooked?
No, Costco Angus burgers are not pre-cooked. They are raw and must be fully cooked before consumption to ensure food safety.
Costco Angus burgers are a tasty and convenient quick and easy meal option. With several cooking methods, including grilling, frying, and baking, you can quickly cook them to your liking.
Following the recommended cooking times and internal temperature is essential to ensure they are fully cooked and safe to eat. Additionally, there are plenty of serving suggestions and toppings to add your personal touch to the burgers.
With the proper preparation and cooking techniques, you can enjoy delicious and juicy burgers in no time.
- Do You Have to Boil Sweet Potatoes Before Baking? Answered - September 19, 2023
- Can You Reuse Pasta Sauce Jars for Canning? Safety Tips - September 19, 2023
- Can You Cook Steak in Coconut Oil? Culinary Techniques (2023) - September 19, 2023