Last Updated on May 23, 2023 by Shari Mason
If you’re looking for a fresh and tasty way to enjoy your greens, you’ll love this copycat Chick-fil-A Kale Salad Recipe.
It’s inspired by the popular restaurant chain’s superfood salad, but you can make it at home with just a few simple ingredients.
It’s perfect for a light lunch or a side dish for any meal. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten-free, so everyone can enjoy it.
Chick-Fil-A Copycat Kale Crunch Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 8 cups of chopped stemmed curly kale (about one medium bunch)
- 2 cups of shredded green cabbage
- 1/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of sliced roasted almonds
How To Make It
- Prepare the Ingredients: The first step to making this copycat recipe is to gather all your salad and dressing ingredients. Chop the nuts in a food processor.
- Make an Apple Dijon Dressing: Pour the apple cider vinegar over the maple syrup in a small bowl. Add the distilled vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and spices (freshly ground pepper and sea salt). Whisk until well blended.
- Give it A Good Shake in Mason Jar: Pour the copycat Chick-fil-A dressing into a mason jar or any airtight container and give it a good shake to make a nice maple vinaigrette dressing.
- Combine Kale & Cabbage: Chop the salad ingredients into bite-sized pieces. Place the kale and napa cabbage in a large bowl.
- Pour your Homemade Dressing: Place the chopped kale and cabbage in a large mixing bowl if you plan to eat your homemade kale crunch salad within 30 minutes and pour all the dressing.
- Massage the Kale: Massage the leaves for about five minutes with clean hands. Crush the greens until they are slightly wilted and reduced in volume.
- Add Spices to Taste: Add salt and seasoning to taste. Toss and let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the fridge.
- Mix it Well & Top It Off with Almonds: When ready, toss the kale crunch side salad and adjust the seasoning to taste. Stir in the almonds before serving, or store them separately to keep them crunchy.
Read: How Long Does Salad Last In The Fridge?
Should You Make It Ahead of Time?
You can make the copycat recipe ahead of time. However, add the vinaigrette dressing over the ingredients until you are ready to serve. If you have any salad leftovers, you can enjoy them for the next two days.
“Kale is a superfood salad, and its special power is tasting bad.”– Jim Gaffigan, American Stand-up Comedian & Producer
Recipe Tips & Tricks When Making Chick-Fil-A Kale Salad
- Massage kale with olive oil to help break down the fibers and make them more tender. All the latest recipes recommend this.
- You can add some leftover chicken or crispy chicken nuggets to make it more filling.
- Most copycat recipes recommend adding dried cranberries, dried cherries, dried sour cherries, mixed nuts, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds for extra flavor and crunch.
- Store the ingredients in separate containers for meal prep and put them together in a salad bowl before serving.
- Add the apple dijon dressing before serving to prevent kale salads from getting soggy.
Is the Kale Salad at Chick-Fil-A healthy?
Yes, the Kale salad at Chick-fil-a is a healthy option among these fast food restaurants’ menu items.
Aside from fresh ingredients, it is gluten-free and contains only 120 nutrition calories, 9g of healthy fat, 8g of carbs, and 3g of protein .
What does Chick-Fil-A kale salad taste like?
This superfood side salad has a sweet and tangy flavor from the vinaigrette with extra flavor and crunch from other ingredients like dried cherries.
Is Chick-fil-A kale crunch salad vegan?
The Chick-fil-A kale crunch salad is vegan and plant-based .
Is Chick-fil-A kale salad Keto friendly?
Yes, the Chick-fil-a kale salad is keto-friendly. Mix it in a serving bowl and serve immediately.
What is the salad dressing used for Chick-Fil-A kale salad?
The Chick-fil-a kale salad uses an apple and Dijon mustard vinaigrette dressing.
How long does homemade Chick-Fil-A Salad last?
The homemade Chick-fil-a salad lasts at room temperature for 3 hours, but once you add the dressing, the leftover salad only lasts for a few days.
In a Nutshell
We hope you enjoyed this homemade Chick-fil-A Kale Salad Recipe. It’s so easy to make, and it tastes incredible.
It’s healthy and nutritious, with many vitamins and antioxidants from the kale and the dressing. Add your favorite toppings, like nuts, cheese, or dried fruits.
- Are Chick-Fil-A Grilled Nuggets Healthy? Resolved (2023) - May 28, 2023
- Are Xxtra Hot Cheetos Discontinued? Answered (2023) - May 28, 2023
- Why Are Wheat Thins Banned In Other Countries? Resolved - May 28, 2023