Last Updated on February 17, 2024 by Shari Mason
Arby’s, a well-known fast food chain recognized for its delectable roast beef sandwiches, also receives considerable praise for their exceptional Mac & Cheese. This rich and savory dish, full of creamy cheese, is a fan-favorite menu selection.
If you are an Arby’s Mac & Cheese fan (like me) and want to replicate this delicious recipe at home, you’re in luck.
I will be sharing a step-by-step guide on making Arby’s Mac & Cheese so you can enjoy this comfort food in your home. Let’s get cooking.
Recipe For Arby’s Mac & Cheese
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 oz American cheese, shredded
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package instructions until al dente.
- Heat the milk over medium heat in a separate saucepan until hot but not boiling.
- Add the shredded American and cheddar cheese  to the milk, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Add garlic, onion, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Drain the cooked macaroni and add it to the cheese sauce, stirring until evenly coated.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!
Can You Make Arby’s Mac & Cheese Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make Arby’s Mac & Cheese ahead of time and reheat it later. However, the cheese sauce may thicken as it cools, so you may need to add milk when reheating to achieve the desired consistency.
To make ahead of time, prepare the macaroni and cheese sauce as instructed in the recipe, then transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
“Dive into cheesy bliss with Arby’s mac and cheese, a bowlful of pure comfort.”Eat Pallet Restaurant & Food Advice
When ready to serve, reheat the mac and cheese in the microwave or stovetop, adding a splash of milk to loosen the cheese sauce if necessary.
Can You Make Substitutions Or Additions To The Recipe?
- Pasta: You can use a different type of pasta, such as rotini or penne, instead of elbow macaroni.
- Cheese: You could use a different type of cheese, such as pepper jack or Gouda, instead of American and cheddar cheese.
- Vegetables: You could add some diced tomatoes, bell peppers, or broccoli  for nutrition and flavor.
- Protein: You could add some cooked bacon, ham, or chicken to the dish for added protein.
- Spices: Add some cayenne pepper, paprika, or hot sauce for a spicier mac and cheese.
- Breadcrumbs: You could sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top of the mac and cheese before baking to add a crunchy texture.
How Should You Store Leftovers Of Arby’s Mac & Cheese?
Any leftovers of Arby’s Mac & Cheese should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
When reheating, add a splash of milk to the cheese sauce to help loosen it up and maintain its creamy texture.
“For our first date, I made Ryan Hamburger Helper, which is basically what I grew up on. I make my own version of it now, with macaroni and cheese and hamburger meat. And the kids – it’s their favorite dinner.”– Reese Witherspoon, American Actress
You can reheat the mac and cheese in the microwave or stovetop, stirring occasionally to ensure even heating. If the cheese sauce becomes too thick, add more milk until it reaches the desired consistency.
It’s always best to reheat the mac and cheese in smaller portions rather than reheating the entire batch at once, as this will help ensure that it heats up evenly and doesn’t dry out.
Serving Suggestions For Arby’s Mac & Cheese
- Top with chopped parsley or green onions for a pop of color and flavor.
- Serve as a side dish with roasted chicken, grilled steak, or barbecue ribs.
- Add some cooked chicken, bacon, or ham to make it a main dish.
- Serve with garlic bread or dinner rolls to soak up the cheesy sauce.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake in the oven for a crispy, golden crust.
- Add a spoonful of salsa, guacamole, or sour cream for a Mexican-inspired twist.
- Mix in steamed broccoli or roasted butternut squash for added nutrition and flavor.
- Serve with a side salad or vegetable medley to balance out the richness of the dish.
- Pair with a glass of white wine or a light beer for a refreshing contrast to the savory flavors.
u003cstrongu003eWhat kind of cheese does Arby’s use for mac and cheese?u003c/strongu003e
Arby’s combines American and cheddar cheese for their mac and cheese. The American cheese provides a creamy and smooth texture, while the cheddar cheese adds a tangy and sharp flavor. u003cbru003eu003cbru003eCombining these two cheeses creates a rich and cheesy sauce that pairs perfectly with the elbow macaroni.
u003cstrongu003eWhat is the difference between macaroni cheese and mac and cheese?u003c/strongu003e
There is no difference between macaroni cheese and mac and cheese; they refer to the same dish – a pasta dish made with elbow macaroni and cheese sauce. u003cbru003eu003cbru003eThe terms are used interchangeably in different regions and countries, with u0022mac and cheeseu0022 being more commonly used in the United States and u0022macaroni cheeseu0022 being more common in the United Kingdom.
Arby’s Mac & Cheese is a beloved comfort food that is both creamy and cheesy, making it a popular choice for anyone who loves pasta dishes. With this simple and easy-to-follow recipe, you can now enjoy this delicious dish in your home.
Whether you serve it as a side dish or make it a main meal, this dish will surely please your taste buds. And with the ability to make substitutions or additions, you can customize the recipe to suit your preferences.
Plus, with the option to make it ahead of time and store leftovers, Arby’s Mac & Cheese is also a convenient meal option for busy weeknights or potluck gatherings.
So why not try it and enjoy a warm and comforting bowl of Arby’s Mac & Cheese today?
- What Gravy Goes with Ham & Mashed Potatoes? Perfect Pairings - February 19, 2024
- Why Are Restaurant Brussels Sprouts So Much Better? Revealed - February 19, 2024
- How Long to Blanch Brussels Sprouts: A Quick Guide - February 19, 2024